Borealis Student Innovation Award
Organized by Borealis
If you have written a bachelor, master, or PhD thesis in one of the following subjects, you could win up to €5.000 and the networking opportunity of a lifetime
Become our next Borstar with your thesis! The Borealis Student Innovation Award is an international competition for students from all over the world recognising the three most innovative polymers and chemistry related research papers in the bachelor, master and PhD categories. Following Borealis' mission of value creation through innovation, our award aims to recognise your innovative thinking and pioneering solutions with the networking opportunity of a lifetime and an award of up to €5.000!
- Polyolefin catalysts & applications
- Olefin and polyolefin processes
- Polyolefin polymer properties
- Enhanced olefin analysis and polyolefin characterisation methods
- Sustainability in or with polyolefins or base chemicals (circular economy)
- Discoveries in the polyolefin world with a practical relevance for society
- Base chemical processes (ammonia, nitric acid, fertilizer, urea, melamine, phenol)
A jury of high-level Borealis research experts will assess the applications. Awardees will be invited to the Borealis Innovation Centre in Porvoo, Finland, in May 2020 to network, discuss their ideas and present their theses to Borealis senior scientists and leading innovators. Winners will also be presented with a monetary award: Bachelor thesis - €1.000, Master thesis - €3.000 and PhD thesis - €5.000.