Stanford Longevity Design Challenge 2021
Organized by Stanford Center on Longevity
Finalists will receive:
- $1,000 USD to help with prototyping and finals preparation
- Mentorship from an experienced industry professional
- Paid travel to the Finals at Stanford University in April 2021, conditions permitting (Reimbursement will be subject to Stanford University regulations on reimbursed travel.)
Winners will receive:
1st place: $10,000 USD
2nd place: $5,000 USD
3rd place: $2,000 USD
The Stanford Center on Longevity invites university students from around the world to compete to win the grand prize of $10,000 USD in its 8th annual Design Challenge: "After the Pandemic: Designing the Next Version of Our World."
The COVID-19 pandemic is bringing into sharper focus the cultural norms that guide us through life and is providing insights about what a new future might look like. This year, students are challenged to design solutions for the post-pandemic future, keeping in mind both how these solutions affect people throughout the life span, and how they can be designed in ways that are accessible to all. They should take into account what we are learning during the pandemic and how it is changing our lives.
What Kinds of Designs are Included?
Solutions for remote or virtual access will be included in the scope of the challenge, but we encourage participants to think more broadly. Designs could target:
• Remote work and local community connections
• Access to quality education for people of all ages
• Equitable administration of healthcare with limited resources
• Connecting generations regardless of physical distance
• Maintaining health and fitness without going to a gym
• Reducing our impact on the environment
• Each team must consist of at least one full-time student from any accredited institution of higher education anywhere in the world (can be undergraduate or graduate)
• Teams may have a total of up to 5 members, and may include non-students
• Only students are allowed to present at the Finals
For inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org