1. Save time
By planning your meals ahead of time and making more servings you will be able to save time. Furthermore, you do not have to:
- Waste time figuring out what to cook every single meal
- Go grocery shopping every day
- Clean the dishes every time
With meal prep you will always have a meal waiting for you on your lunch break or for dinner. You can limit your grocery shopping to once or twice a week and you’ll have fewer dishes to clean. This way you have more time to spend doing what you love or study.
2. Save money
One of the benefits, and maybe the best for students, is that meal prepping can save you some money. This is because you can buy larger amounts of food, freeze extra for later and spend less money eating out. It does not have to be expensive to eat healthy home cooked meals.
3. Eat healthier
With meal prepping you are able to eat healthier since you are more aware of the contents of the food. Restaurant food often contains more amounts of unhealthy ingredients such as sugar, fat and preservatives. This also gives you the opportunity to manage your portion sizes, making it easier to maintain a healthy diet.
As a bonus I will give you 4 tips on good meal prep food:
- Spaghetti bolognese is a simple dish that easily can be varied with spices and herbs.
- Homemade thai wok is easy to cook in larger quantities.
- Lasagna is good to freeze for later and tastes just as good thawed.
- All sorts of salads are easy to vary with different protein sources, vegetables and sauces.