Regardless if you prefer to do cardio, strength training, balance or yoga – the important part is that you’re consistent enough with your training so that you can reap the health benefits. Below you’ll find a list of 8 positive effects of exercise:
- You become happier and have more energy for your everyday life.
- Your cognitive ability increases, making it easier for you to process new information, make better decisions and develop your logical thinking.
- Studies show that your hippocampus, the brain’s memory center, grows in size instead of decreasing. This is also beneficial for your ability to concentrate and pay attention.
- Your sleep will be improved where you will fall asleep faster and have deeper sleep. Being well rested has a lot of benefits in itself.
- Physical exercise decreases the risk of depression, fatigue and pain.
- Your physical strength and endurance develop, everyday life activities as walking and cleaning will be easier.
- Your ability to cope with stress improves.
- Exercise strengthens your immune system so you stay healthier. It also reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease and is also positive for your blood sugar, blood pressure and blood fats.
With all these health benefits it is really worth incorporating some physical activity in your daily life. You do not have to exercise every day, it is more than enough to take 3-4 workouts a week. Good luck with your exercise!